Gauntlet Press is now taking orders for Stephen King’s Battleground.
Set for publication in the Spring/Summer 2012 the definitive collection of Stephen King’s classic short story first published in the September 1972 issue of Cavalier magazine, and later collected in King’s 1978 collection Night Shift.
Battleground was converted to a teleplay by Richard Christian Matheson for the television series Nightmares & Dreamscapes. Originally airing on Wednesday July 12, 2006, the episode was directed by Brian Henson and starred William Hurt as Renshaw the assassin.
Gauntlet Press’ definitive collection opens with Stephen King’s short story followed by R.C. Matheson’s script for the television episode.
Those contributing to the 300 page book include:
- Director Brian Henson
- Executive Producer Bill Haber
- Jeff Beal, who won an Emmy for his score for Battleground
- Actor William Hurt
- Michael Wright, Executive Vice President and Director of Programming for TNT
- Visual Effects director Sam Nicholson
- Producer Jeff Hayes
- Lee Romaire, Special Makeup and Effects Designer Editing the book is Richard Christian Matheson, who also wrote the screenplay for the episode.
The collection will be released in 3 editions:
- 26 copy Signed Lettered Edition (the ONLY version signed by Stephen King) is $1250.
- 125 copy Signed Numbered Edition (signed by Brian Henson, Jeff Beal, Jeff Hayes, Michael Wright, Lee Romaire, Bill Haber, Sam Nicholson, and Richard Christian Matheson) is $125.
- Limited Edition (unsigned) is $75.
Those purchasing the signed numbered and lettered edition will get a free copy of the DVD of the “Battleground” episode.
More information about the book and ordering instructions can be found HERE.