A special one-day promotion celebrating the release of the Beatles remastered studio albums in stereo is planned for New York and Los Angeles tomorrow.
Custom double-decker buses will roam the two cities on Tuesday with pop up shops selling Beatles goodies.
There will be 14 vinyl LPs including the 12 original UK albums available individually or in a collector’s edition boxed set along with a 252-page hardbound book. The 14 albums were manufactured on 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl with replicated artwork including the poster in The Beatles (White Album) and the Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band’s cutouts. The exclusive 12” x 12” book includes career-spanning photographs and a dedicated chapter for each album as well as details about the vinyl albums written by award-winning radio producer, Kevin Howlett.
Exclusive Beatles T-shirts unique to N.Y and L.A. will be available to those fans that arrive early.
The double-decker schedule is as follows:
– Midtown (9:30am – 11am): Seventh Avenue, between 49th Street and 50th Street
– SoHo (12pm – 1:30pm): Broadway, between Prince Street and Spring Street
– Wall Street (2:30pm – 4pm): Broadway, between Cortlandt Street and Liberty Street
- Hollywood (9:30am – 11am): Capitol Records, 1750 North Vine Street
– Santa Monica (12pm – 1:30pm): 1324 5th Street at Arizona Avenue (ICE at Santa Monica ice skating rink)
– Downtown (2:30pm – 4pm): L.A. Live (at Olympic Boulevard and South Figueroa Street)
More info at: http://thebeatles.com/vinylbususa/