Stan Lee’s Comikaze presented by POW! Entertainment today announced this year’s expo will be held on November 1-3 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California. Now in its third year, the organizers of the largest regional multi-media, pop culture, comic, horror and gaming convention invite visitors to unleash their inner geek as they unveil the first wave of guests and activities that promise to delight entertainment fans of all ages.
As the first and only multi-media, cross-genre expo to hit Los Angeles; Stan Lee’s Comikaze has already created a pop culture extravaganza that attracts celebrity appearances from icons to up-and-coming artists in the mainstream and “geek” worlds including animators, comic book and anime illustrators, special effects teams, writers, actors and filmmakers. Last year, the expo drew in 45,000-plus attendees with more expected to attend for 2013. This November, the show will kick off with appearances by comic book legend, Stan Lee, and queen of horror, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, both partners in Comikaze.
“I’m absolutely thrilled to be presenting the 3rd Annual Comikaze event in Los Angeles,” said Stan Lee, Chairman of POW! Entertainment. “The fan enthusiasm for this event has grown every year, and so my team and I can’t wait for our true believers to experience what we have in store for them.”
“Stan Lee’s Comikaze is a lot like Shark Week, we never start out with the Great White,” said Regina Carpinelli, chief executive officer and founder, Comikaze. “This year we have some pretty mind blowing guests and attractions that we will be announcing each week. We plan on making this year’s Comikaze a weekend of action and fun for the whole family.”
Visitors to the 3rd Annual Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo can expect a wide-range of innovative programming and activities that will provide fans with unparalleled access to their favorite artists and creators, which will include:
- Over 400 vendors and up to 100 panels
- Largest collection of Marvel movie props ever assembled, curated by Stan Lee, including never-before-seen in public items from his own personal collection
- Elvira’s unique pop-up macabre signing area, complete with art gallery and other “spooktacular” delights
- Guest appearances: LeVar Burton of “Star Trek” and “Reading Rainbow” fame, and famed anime voice actor Kirby Morrow (“Dragon Ball Z”), among many others that are soon to be announced
- Cult lifestyle brand, Tokidoki, will host a special area on the show floor, offering one-of-a-kind exclusives
- Famed special effects company Stan Winston’s Legacy Studios (“Jurassic Park,” “Avatar” and “Iron Man”) will be showcasing props
- Cosplay contest with over $5000 cash prize confirmed and much much more to be announced.
Tickets are currently available at a special fan rate of $20 per day or $45 for a three-day pass.
For more information about Comikaze, including up-to-date guest info, sponsorship information, vendor applications and ticket sales, visit www.ComikazeExpo.com.
Find Comikaze on Facebook (www.facebook.com/comikazeexpo) or on Twitter (@StanLeeComikaze and @TheRealStanLee).