These Lilo and Stitch Funko Pops are available for preorder and will be released in December. Pick up Lilo, Stitch and Lilo’s doll, Scrump.
The Transforming Micro Apartment makes the most of its meager 420 square feet by relying on a clever modular design.
Thanks to a sliding wall, hidden table, folding beds, and other neat tricks, this tiny New York apartment can sleep four comfortably, host a sit down dinner for ten, serve as two semi-separate offices, store bicycles, clothes, and more, all with a sleek, contemporary style that’d be the envy of many apartments multiple times its size.
Researchers at MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) have created M-Blocks, a set of modular, self-assembling robots.
Each M-Block contains a flywheel that can reach speeds of 20,000 revolutions per minute that, when braked, provides momentum for the cube to move, flip, or even jump. Each cube face contains four pairs of magnets that help the M-Blocks line up with one another and connect, and each edge has a pair of rolling-pin-like magnets that come closer and act as anchors when the robots pivot.
Next, the researchers hope to build an army of 100 cubes that can be programmed to work together using algorithms rather than manual controls. “We want hundreds of cubes, scattered randomly across the floor, to be able to identify each other, coalesce, and autonomously transform into a chair, or a ladder, or a desk, on demand,” researcher John Romanishin told MIT news.
8-Bit Willow – Design One
27cm fine bone china plate printed with a semi-traditional Willow pattern design
8-Bit Willow – Design Two
27cm fine bone china plate printed with a semi-traditional Willow pattern design.
8-Bit Willow – Both Designs
Two 27cm fine bone china plates printed with a semi-traditional Willow pattern design.
8-Bit Willow – Dinner Set
Four 27cm fine bone china plates printed with a semi-traditional Willow pattern design. Two of each designs.
These plates will be on sale until October 7th 12pm GMT and they will ship in about one month.
Bring your architectural creations to life in LEGO form with LEGO Architecture Studio ($150). In this amazing set you get over 1200 LEGO bricks and an inspirational guidebook filled with 272 pages of tips, techniques, features, and intuitive hands-on exercises endorsed by leading design houses. LEGO Architecture Studio gives you everything you need to create your very own unique buildings. Let your imagination guide your design!
- Includes 1210 white and transparent LEGO bricks, sorting trays and an inspirational 272-page guidebook
– Guidebook includes tips, techniques, features and intuitive hands-on exercises
– Use the monochromatic bricks to help you learn the fundamentals of architectural design in a LEGO context
– Endorsed by REX architecture, Sou Fujimoto Architects, SOM, MAD Architects, Tham & Videgård Arkitekter, and Safdie Architects
– Guidebook written in collaboration with leading architects and edited by Christopher Turner
– Be inspired by world-renowned architects
– Release your inner architect and explore a world of endless creative possibilities