The Simpsons is currently celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2014 and to mark the occasion, they released a Mr. Potato Head version of Homer Simpson. It is available to purchase online for $18 from Entertainment Earth.
Medicom‘s 1/6 scale Real Action Heroes line is set to expand in 2014 with a new take on Batman based on Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns. Adorned in a fabric cape, the action figure will include optional hand pieces and a special display stand. Measuring almost 12 inches tall the poseable toy can be pre-ordered HERE for $219.99.
Due in August 2014.
D’oh! The Simpsons House ($199) has been turned into LEGO bricks with detachable roof, modular design, car with dent, the famous family couch, 6 minifigures and so much more…. Available beginning February 2014
Build The Simpsons House with detachable roof, modular design, car with dent, the famous family couch, 6 minifigures and so much more.
Recreate hilarious scenes from the classic animated TV series with The Simpsons House. Taken right out of Springfield, this amazing model is crammed with tons of LEGO brick detail. Lift off the roof and open up the house to discover Homer and Marge’s big family bedroom including bed and Maggie’s crib, Bart’s room with his skateboard and Krusty the Clown poster, Lisa’s room with her favorite books, jazz poster and more, and bathroom with shower, toilet, sink and mirror. Lift off the top floor to reveal the fully-fitted kitchen with dining table, chairs, yellow and light-blue tiled floor and lots of pots, pans and other accessories. Then it’s into the living room with couch and TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, purple piano and more. Next to the house is the detachable garage, complete with workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, broom, toolbox, tools and the family car, complete with dent, opening trunk and ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant. Step outside onto the terrace and you’ll find loads of cool items, including a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof.
- Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders
- First floor includes yellow and light-blue tiled floor, sink, oven and stove, drawers, cups, pot, pan, bowl, mixer, plates, cake tins, cutlery, dining table and 4 chairs
- Living room features TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, couch, boat painting, telephone, carpet, purple piano and staircase to the second floor with family photos
- Bart’s room features a bed, night lamp, desk with pin board, chair, Krusty the Clown poster, skateboard, shelves with books, radio and a cap
- Marge and Homer’s bedroom features a bed, 2 side tables, Maggie’s crib and Marge’s bag
- Lisa’s room features a vanity mirror with hairbrush, stool, bed, table with lamp and cup, shelves with books, magnifying glass, backpack and a jazz poster on the wall
- Bathroom features a shower, toilet, sink and a mirror
- Detachable garage features the family car, tools, workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, toolbox and a broom
- Family car with space for 4 minifigures features a dent in the front and an opening trunk to store Homer’s suitcase and a ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant
- Outside area includes a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof
- Remove the roof and top floor to access the different rooms inside
- House is hinged in the middle for easy access
- The Simpsons House measures over 9” (23cm) high, 16” (42cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep
Available for sale directly through LEGO beginning February 2014 via shop.LEGO.com and at LEGO Stores.
The Wall Torch Sconce ($19.99) is a wall-mounted light fixture that can also be detached from its mount and used as a hand-held torch.
It measures almost a foot tall and is made of plastic for easy gripping (and safe dropping) by little hands. And when their adventuring is done, it hangs back up on the wall to serve as a nightlight.
The combination torch/nightlight is available to purchase online for your little Explorer/Adventurer from ThinkGeek.
- For Ages 5 years and up
- Wall Torch Sconce that gives off a flickering glow
- Great for little Indy, your tiny Olympic runner, or to decorate castle-, jungle-, or cave-themed rooms
- Torch easily detaches from wall mount for adventuring
- Includes Explorer Activity Guide
- Great nightlight – light turns off automatically after 10 minutes to prevent battery drain
- Materials: plastic, led bulb
- Batteries: 2 AA (not included)
- Dimensions: 3 1/2″ diameter x 12″ tall (x 10″ deep if wall-mounted)
- Weight: 10 oz.
America’s most beloved mustachioed newscaster has been immortalized in the form of everyone’s favorite toy. The limited edition Ron Burgundy Lego Minifigure ($20), while not an official Lego product, is pad printed on genuine Lego parts, and features everything you love about the highest rated man in news. From his unmistakeable burgundy suit, to his magnificent mustache, to his well-coifed hair, right down to his bottle of scotch — they got every detail exactly right.
My favorite character on The Walking Dead is Daryl Dixon and McFarlane Toys will release this incredibly realistic action figure ($35) in December.
The 10 inch deluxe figure was taken from a full 3D scan of the actor himself, Norman Reedus!
Daryl is portrayed in his iconic angel wings stitched biker vest and the set includes a removable poncho, hunting knife and trusty crossbow.
Hot Wheels Car Maker Playset ($50) allows you to create awesome racecars From scratch! Kids can make their very own vehicles in a matter of minutes! The Hot Wheels Car Maker turns a stick of wax into a fully functioning Hot Wheels car that can be customized with decals. This innovative machine features cool lights, music, and voice prompts that lead kids through the entire car-making process – from revving up to cooling down. It’s creative play for every Hot Wheels fan!
Amp Up the Design Fun! Simply heat up the unit by plugging it in and turning it on. Then select a mold and wax color for your vehicle. The set comes with two molds and 10 Protoshotz wax sticks in a variety of sleek and sporty colors. Insert the mold into the machine and add your favorite wax color. In eight minutes, the Car Maker melts the wax into the mold and cools off – and you have a custom Hot Wheels vehicle body!
Detail Your Unique Vehicle! Attach the molded vehicle body to one of the three included chassis. Then get really detailed! Decorate the car with cool decals from the sticker pack. Go for speedy flames or stylish graphics ? or both! Now your brand-new car is ready for racing action. For additional vehicle and design options, check out the Car Maker Mold Packs and Car Design Refill Packs (each sold separately).
Simple, Safe, and Fun! The Car Maker is easy to use and ‘talks? young car-designers through each phase of the process. Kids receive voice prompts about when to insert the materials, press the button, and pull down the handle. They’re instructed to remove the mold only after the wax has safely cooled. Plus, the machine’s music and flashing lights during car building add to the interactive excitement!
Stan “The Man” Lee and Funko are teaming up with ConventionExclusive.com to release a series of five convention exclusive Stan Lee Pop! vinyl figures, each one at a different convention. The Stan Lee Pop! Series kicks off at New York Comic Con 2013, with the comic book legend sporting the NYCC logo across his chest.
Limited to just 1,000 pieces, the New York Comic Con 2013 Exclusive Stan Lee Pop! vinyl figure by Funko can be purchased at the ConventionExclusive.com NYCC booth #1274 and the Crazy Cat Collectibles NYCC booth #1555.
At the D23 Expo next week, Mattel will release an exclusive Small Fry Buzz Lightyear figure.
According to the D23 Expo website, the figure will be available at the Mattel pop-up shop inside the Disney Consumer Products pavilion and will retail for $20.
The short’s director, Angus MacLane, will be signing the figure for fans at the pavilion on Friday, August 9th from 4:30-5:00pm.
Sydney Opera House, the famous Australian landmark is the latest structure to be added to LEGO Creator Expert series. The set (10234) will launch on September 1, 2013 for $319.
The construction skills of LEGO fans from around the world will be put to the test as they recreate the unmistakable rooflines and complex angled walls of the Opera House using advanced building techniques and a total of 2,989 LEGO bricks.
Scaling 11″ high, 25″ wide and 15″ deep, this authentic representation of the Opera House will even stay true to its iconic harbor surrounds with the introduction the LEGO Group’s largest blue stud baseplate ever along with an abundance of dark tan LEGO bricks including the rare 1x1x2/3 stud and 1x2x2/3 stud slopes.
LEGO’s latest Architecture set is the iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa ($34.99) with its ornate architecture and trademark tilt.
The Leaning Tower of Pisa has a trademark tilt that has seen it reproduced on postcards and souvenirs all over the world. Now you can make this unusual building in LEGO bricks! Construction was started over 800 years ago when the Widow Berta of Bernado left 60 gold coins in her will that paid for the first stones and started the building of the Tower. Now you can build history’s most famous bell tower and learn how the famous lean started. The instructions and enclosed booklet tell the story of the Tower’s fascinating history and how the 56 meter building began its journey into architectural history. This LEGO Architecture model makes a distinctive and fascinating addition to any desk, living room or bookshelf!
- Includes a booklet that gives design and historical details on this amazing building in English and Italian
- LEGO Architecture inspires future architects, builders and designers as well as architecture enthusiasts everywhere by using LEGO bricks to interpret famous structures
- Measures 10.1” (25.9cm) tall, 4.4” (11.2cm) wide and 4.4” (11.2cm) deep
- Designed by architectural modeler Adam Reed Tucker
This 345 piece set is available now and can be ordered HERE.
Finally, collect one of the most instantly recognizable and iconic buildings of The Lord of the Rings trilogy: The Tower of Orthanc. Build all 6 highly detailed floors filled with fascinating movie-related details including the attic, library, alchemy room, Saruman’s throne room, entrance hall and dungeon. This exclusive model stars in some of the most iconic scenes from The Lord of the Rings movies. Swoop down with the Great Eagle and rescue stranded Gandalf the Grey from his tower-top prison after his defeat at the hands of the white wizard, Saruman. Build the powerful, tree-like Ent, with poseable limbs and cool swinging arm function, then attack the Uruk-hai and Orc Pitmaster while Saruman and his servant Grima Wormtongue take refuge high in the tower. The Tower of Orthanc is a must-have model for any The Lord of the Rings collection! Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai and the Orc Pitmaster.
- Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai™ and the Orc Pitmaster
- Features 6 highly detailed floors with lots of functions, including a folding staircase, LEGO light brick palantir, opening entrance doors and a trap door
- Weapons include 5 staffs, knife, sword, shield and a long axe
- The attic features a folding staircase, the 3 staffs of the missing wizards, the 2 keys of the Two Towers, 2 maps and an Uruk-hai helmet, shield and sword
- The library features 2 books, 2 torches, 2 maps and 2 skulls
- The alchemy room features 2 torches, a bomb (being produced for the Battle of Helm’s Deep), 2 potions, bottle, skull, gunpowder keg, pot, cauldron and a long axe
- Saruman’s throne room features lamps, 2 bookcases with 3 potions, map, letter and the powerful palantir with a LEGO light brick
- The entrance hall features opening doors, trap door, 2 large banners, chandelier, statue and 2 axes
- The creepy dungeon features a chain, 2 bones, 2 skulls and a rat
- Buildable Ent features poseable limbs for holding a minifigure and a cool swinging arm function
- Attack the tower with the cool buildable and poseable Ent!
- Swoop to the rescue with the Great Eagle!
- Activate the LEGO light brick and make the palantir glow!
- Set the trap door and banish unwanted guests to the dungeon!
- Prepare the bomb for the Battle of Helm’s Deep!
- Swing the Ent’s arms to smash or grab things with the poseable fingers!
- Measures over 28″ (73cm) high, 8″ (21cm) wide and 6″ (16cm) deep
- Ent stands over 9″ (23cm) tall
The LEGO Tower of Orthanc (model 10237) contains 2,359 pieces and will retail for $200. Available for sale directly through LEGO beginning
July 2013 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO Stores or via phone.
On behalf of Marvel’s Iron Man 3, here are the official theatrical posters in LEGO form! These iconic characters are exclusive LEGO minifigure replicas found in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes sets based on the much-anticipated film hitting theaters on May 3rd .
Marvel’s Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale with Jon Favreau and Ben Kingsley, Marvel’s Iron Man 3 is directed by Shane Black from a screenplay by Drew Pearce & Shane Black and is based on Marvel’s iconic Super Hero Iron Man, who first appeared on the pages of “Tales of Suspense” (#39) in 1963 and had his solo comic book debut with “The Invincible Iron Man” (#1) in May of 1968.
Holy Merchandise, Batman!
Warner Bros. Consumer Products officially launched the highly anticipated Batman Classic Television Series licensing program, inspired by the classic DC Comics 1960’s Batman television show, last week at an exclusive event co-hosted with Junk Food Clothing at the famed comic store mecca Meltdown Comics in Hollywood.
Mattel showcased a 2013 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive – a six-inch Batusi Batman figure from the Batman Classic TV Series line.
The artwork for the window-box packaging which is shaped like a vintage television was done by the popular graphic artist SHAG.