We are very excited to announce the upcoming release of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ The Live Anthology, a multiple disc set of recordings drawn from thirty years of live performances. The collection brings together material from 1978-2007 culled from hundreds of hours of live concert recordings covering every era of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ tours and represents the best tracks as chosen by producers Tom Petty, Mike Campbell and Ryan Ulyate.
Along with powerful interpretations of their own classic hits and originals, The Live Anthology features the band tackling some of their best-loved cover material, from classics to obscure beauties to unexpected adaptations. The theme from TomPetty.com Announcing ‘The Live Anthology’Goldfinger, the Zombies’ “I Want You Back Again,” the Grateful Dead’s “Friend of the Devil,” early Fleetwood Mac’s “Oh Well,” Booker T. and the MGs “Green Onions”, James Brown’s “Good, Good Lovin’” and many more. The Live Anthology is the band’s story told through the music alone; the producers made no fixes or overdubs.
In addition to offering The Live Anthology via digital outlets including iTunes, The Live Anthology will be available in the following four configurations, each with artwork and packaging by renowned contemporary artist Shepard Fairey (Studio Number One, Obey Giant).
1. A four CD set of 48 tracks.
2. A deluxe box set featuring 62 tracks on five CDs PLUS
– Two previously unreleased DVDs including the 1978 New Year’s Eve concert from Santa Monica, CA and the Martyn Atkins documentary 400 Days shot during the recording and tour for Wildflowers. Plus a re-mastered vinyl of the 1976 Official Live ‘Leg bootleg and a High Resolution Blu-ray Audio Disc featuring all 62 tracks in both stereo and 5.1 surround sound. This disc has 256 times more audio resolution than a CD.
3. A seven LP vinyl box set mastered directly from the uncompressed 24-bit 96K files and pressed on audiophile quality high performance vinyl.
4. The entirely unique Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Superhighway Tour
The Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Superhighway Tour is a first of its kind digital tour experience that delivers to ticketholders 24 of the 48 Live Anthology tracks over an 8 week advance period. During this period ticketholders will receive an insider’s view of those 24 tracks, whether through archived memorabilia, new band commentary, classic reviews from the vaults, and more amassed rare vintage Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers content. Upon the official street date of the album ticket holders will digitally receive the remaining 24 tracks on The Live Anthology, thereby completing the entire album. Tickets for the entire 8 week SuperHighway Tour will go onsale soon and the Tour will start with a free preview including a free download from The Live Anthology.
More information including The Live Anthology release date will also follow soon from TomPetty.com.