Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has officially announced Tangled for Blu-ray release on March 29. It will be presented both in a Blu-ray/DVD and a Blu-ray/3D Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. This reimagining of the Rapunzel fairytale earned $186 million at the domestic box office, and over $400 million globally.
Special features include:
– Untangled: The Making of a Fairy Tale (BD-exclusive): exactly how long is Rapunzel’s hair? How many lanterns were used? Where did Pascal’s name come from? Which Disney animated feature first utilized CG animation? These and more will be answered when Mandy Moore and Zach Levi take viewers on a kooky behind-the-scenes tour to learn how the filmmakers styled this film’s Golden Tresses.
-Three deleted scenes with introductions by co-directors Byron Howard and Nathan Greno (BD-exclusive)
– Extended songs with introductions by the co-directors (BD-exclusive):
– Two original storybook openings: two alternate versions of the film’s opening sequence described by the co-directors Nathan Greno and Byron Howard
– 50th Animated Feature Countdown – A video montage celebrating Tangled as the 50th film to join The Walt Disney Studios’ prestigious lineup of classic animated features.
– Nine Tangled teasers (BD-exclusive): a collection of the most unique and quirky commercials made for the theatrical release of Tangled Some are spoofs based off of infomercials and/or breaking news, some are teasers and others are simply just funny filmstrips.