David Sedaris’s brilliantly skewed vision of the world is captured in an entirely new form: six delightfully animated short movies inspired by the author’s diary entries.
Against the backdrop of bold, colorful graphics and music composed especially for this app ($1.99), six stories unfold in David Sedaris’s own voice:
– At a chain hotel near Santa Cruz, perhaps the worst hotel service ever.
– A moment of rare insight into the difference between German and American parenting styles.
– On a plane approaching Michigan, a flight attendant shares the secret of “crop dusting.”
– Pigeons behaving badly prompt a consideration on scatological invective.
– A frost-bitten toe in your cocktail? Welcome to Anchorage!
– How a barn owl in Cheshire, England, made the author think differently about marriage.
You can download the app for your iPhone and iPad HERE.