After a week of teasing, tonight Disney announced that “One More Disney Day” is coming to theme park guests in 2012.
The special announcement was first made online that on February 29, Leap Day (2012 is a Leap Year), both Disneyland park in Anaheim, Calif. and the Magic Kingdom in Orlando, Fla., will remain open to guests for 24 hours straight – the first time both parks have ever done so together. Entrance into the parks will be open as of 6 a.m. that day.
In addition, Disney will be giving away 60 vacation packages, one each day, through February 29. The prize winnings include:
– A 5 day / 4 night trip for winner and 3 guests to Walt Disney World or Disneyland
– hotel accommodations for 4 nights
– 5-day Park Hopper tickets
– a Disney Gift Card with a value of $1,000
– 1 Disney’s PhotoPass Book
– 1 Disney’s PhotoPass CD
– Disney Tours with a value up to $500
– Downtown Disney shopping spree with a value of up to $500
– Relaxing Spa experiences with a value up to $500
– Round-trip coach air transportation or round-trip ground transportation
More details can be found at the One More Disney Day web site.