Today Apple released its iOS 7 operating system to the public.
The new firmware is now available through iTunes and as an over-the-air update for WiFi connections. The new update requires iTunes 11.1, which was released earlier today.
iOS 7 introduces many fabulous new features, such as:
– Control Center, which gives you quick access to the controls you want in one convenient place with just one swipe from the bottom of your screen.
– Notification Center, now available from the Lock screen so you can see all your notifications with a simple swipe, and the new Today feature gives you an at-a-glance view of your day with a summary of the important details such as weather, traffic, meetings and events.
– Improved Multitasking that gives users the ability to switch between their apps in a more visual and intuitive way, and iOS 7 pays attention to which apps you use most and automatically keeps your content up to date in the background.
– AirDrop, an entirely new way to quickly and easily share content with people nearby.
– New Camera app filters so you can add real-time photo effects, a square camera option, and you can quickly and easily switch between your four cameras—video, photo, square and panorama—with just a swipe.
– A redesigned Photos app that introduces Moments, a new way to automatically organize your photos and videos based on time and location.
– Full-screen browsing with Safari’s new redesigned user interface, the new smart search field helps simplify searching, and there’s a new view for your bookmarks and your Safari tabs.
– Siri with new male and female voices,* Twitter search integration, Wikipedia integration and Bing web searching within the app.
– iTunes Radio, a free Internet radio service featuring over 200 stations and an incredible catalog of music from the iTunes Store, combined with features only iTunes can deliver.