Recorded in New Jersey, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Australia and New York City, Bruce’s new album High Hopes marks his 18th studio release and includes his own liner notes detailing the album’s evolution.
High Hopes finds Bruce in a number of different musical settings, and includes the members of the E Street Band as well as guitarist Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave and The Nightwatchman) and many additional players.
Morello joined Bruce and the E Street Band on tour in Australia in March 2013 (sitting in for Steve Van Zandt), and became, as Bruce says, “my muse, pushing the rest of this project to another level.” Besides his guitar playing on the album, Morello also duets with Bruce on ”The Ghost of Tom Joad.” Clarence Clemons, who passed away in 2011, and Danny Federici, who passed away in 2008, also appear on several songs of what Springsteen calls “some of our best unreleased material from the past decade.”
1. High Hopes – Featuring Tom Morello
2. Harry’s Place – Featuring Tom Morello
3. American Skin (41 Shots) – Featuring Tom Morello
4. Just Like Fire Would (Chris J. Bailey) – Featuring Tom Morello
5. Down In The Hole
6. Heaven’s Wall – Featuring Tom Morello
7. Frankie Fell In Love
8. This Is Your Sword
9. Hunter Of Invisible Game – Featuring Tom Morello
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad – Duet with Tom Morello
11. The Wall
12. Dream Baby Dream (Martin Rev and Alan Vega) – Featuring Tom Morello