Specialty Publisher Cemetery Dance has signed an exclusive deal to produce a six volume set of special collectible editions of Stephen King’s early books that were originally published by Doubleday back in the 1970s and early 1980s! These books are Carrie, ‘Salem’s Lot, The Shining, Night Shift, The Stand, and Pet Sematary, six classics of the horror genre and all-time Stephen King fan favorites!
These special editions will be beautiful and oversized volumes like CD published for From a Buick 8, It, Doctor Sleep, and many other King books over the years.
The first title in this special six volume set is Carrie, which will be published later this year and is available for preorder immediately. Other volumes in this series will follow approximately every six months after that and several acclaimed artists are already creating stunning art for these books. These special editions will feature exclusive bonus features such as introductions, afterwords, artwork, and even deleted material in some cases.
Strong demand for these special editions of Stephen King’s extraordinarily popular early books is expected, and collectors who preorder Carrie directly from us will be the first collectors offered the opportunity to order the next volume before the general public.
Carrie: The Deluxe Special Edition (Volume One in the “Doubleday Years” Collection by Stephen King will feature full-color wrap-around artwork by Tomislav Tikulin and six full-color interior paintings printed on a high-quality glossy stock and tipped into the book!
About the Book:
Carrie was the odd one at school; the one whose reflexes were always off in games, whose clothes never really fit, who never got the point of a joke. And so she became the joke, the brunt of teenaged cruelties that puzzled her as much as they wounded her.
There was hardly any comfort in playing her private game, because like so many things in Carrie’s life, it was sinful. Or so her mother said. Carrie could make things move—by concentrating on them, by willing them to move. Small things, like marbles, would start dancing. Or a candle would fall. A door would lock. This was her game, her power, her sin, firmly repressed like everything else about Carrie.
One act of kindness, as spontaneous as the vicious jokes of her classmates, offered Carrie a new look at herself the fateful night of her senior prom. But another act of furious cruelty forever changed things and turned her clandestine game into a weapon of horror and destruction.
She made a lighted candle fall, and she locked the doors…
Special Features Exclusive to this Deluxe Special Edition:
– An introduction by Stephen King detailing why he wrote the book
– A lengthy afterword by Tabitha King discussing the book’s unbridled exploration of adolescent terror, sexuality, and the unknown
– Deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing as part of the page design
– Printed on a heavy interior specialty paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
– Epic wrap-around full-color dust jacket artwork by Tomislav Tikulin
– A different full-color dust jacket for the Artist Edition painted by Tomislav Tikulin
– Six full-color interior paintings by Tomislav Tikulin
– Interior artwork will be printed on a heavy glossy stock and tipped into the book
– High-quality embossed endpapers and fine bindings for all editions
– Full-page reproduction of the telegram Doubleday editor Bill Thompson sent Stephen King to announce the publisher was buying the book
– Extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the tens of millions of copies of this novel you’ve seen in bookstores over the last 40 years!
Published in three states:
– Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 3,000 copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound with a fine binding, two color hot foil stamping, and embossed endpapers; and featuring a unique black-and-white limitation page ($85)
– Traycased Oversized Hardcover Artist Edition signed by the artist and limited to only 750 hand-numbered copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound with a different fine binding, two color hot foil stamping, and different embossed endpapers; featuring a full-color signature sheet signed by the artist; and housed in a traycase similar to our previous Stephen King traycased editions ($225)
– Traycased Oversized Hardcover Artist Lettered Edition signed by the artist and limited to 52 hand-lettered copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound in two different fine materials in a hand-made three piece binding featuring spine hubs, gilded page edges, two color hot foil stamping, and imported hand-marbled endpapers; featuring a different full-color signature sheet signed by the artist; and housed in a traycase similar to our Legacies Lettered Edition ($1000)
For more information, please click HERE.