DC Entertainment will mark the 75th anniversary of its iconic Batman character at WonderCon 2014 with an impressive line-up of can’t-miss reveals and exclusives sure to thrill fans of the world’s most popular Super Hero.
A special highlight of DCE’s WonderCon activities will be the Batman 75th Anniversary Panel scheduled for Saturday, April 19 at 4 pm. The exclusive event brings together a stunning collection of superstar talent heavily influenced by the legendary Dark Knight and his rich 75-year history. DCE co-publisher and renowned Batman artist Jim Lee will join the all-star celebrity duo and writers of the forthcoming Batman 66 Mets The Green Hornet mini-series Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats) and Ralph Garman (Family Guy, KROQ radio personality), the legendary voice of Batman Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Arkham Knight), Peter Girardi, SVP – Creative Affairs, Warner Bros Animation and groundbreaking Batman animator Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) in a fascinating discussion about the celebrated Super Hero. The must-see panel will also feature an exclusive premiere of an animated short from Darwyn Cooke, inspired by the Batman Beyond series.
In addition, DCE will join Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation for special events including:
– The world premiere of Son of Batman, the landmark 20th entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies. Taking place Friday at 6:00 pm, the screening precedes a star-studded panel including the voice of Batman, Jason O’Mara (Terra Nova, Life on Mars).
– A special screening of an all-new episode of Teen Titans Go! Scheduled for Friday at 2:00 pm, go behind the scenes of the fan-favorite series with a panel featuring the show’s producers and members of the voice cast.
– Son of Batman and Teen Titans Go! select voice cast signings will be held at the DCE booth (wristbands required). The Teen Titans Go! signing will take place on Friday at 1:30pm and signings for Son of Batman will take place on Friday at 3:30pm.
Fans attending WonderCon also have the chance to pick-up three exclusive variant comic books at the Graphitti Designs booth (#301) including:
– The debut issue of the new blockbuster weekly Batman: Eternal #1
– The latest “Riddler” themed cover of Batman #29 in a location-specific hue of blue from artist Greg Capullo
– The must-own debut issue of The Sandman: Overature # 1 featuring an exclusive 3-D motion cover, never before seen and only available at the Con
Home to the most talented writers and artists in the business, DCE’s interactive 1200 square foot booth (#401) will serve as a hub for its stellar collection of appearances, announcements and events at WonderCon 2014.
Can’t make the Con? DC Entertainment’s website is the go-to place for behind the scenes coverage and in-depth interviews. Also, look out for a WonderCon 2014 special edition of DC All Access webseries premiering on Tuesday, April 22 at 10am PST.