Today Amazon announce the Amazon Fire Phone ($200 – $649) which sports a 4.7-inch HD display, 13MP rear-facing camera, global LTE and is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon processor. The Fire Phone utilizes four specialized front-facing cameras that track your head movements, allowing for Dynamic Perspective — a 3D-like view that provides a more immersive experience.
In addition, the device features a dedicated button for the new FireFly service, which can instantly identify over 100 million things like products, email addresses, phone numbers, songs, TV episodes, movies, and more — and can integrate with third-party apps.
Built using premium materials, including Gorilla Glass 3 for the rear and front, aluminum buttons, stainless steel details and a rubberized polyurethane grip area, Fire is optimized for beauty, hand comfort and powerful performance.
– Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.2 GHz processor and 2GB RAM for excellent fluidity and image rendering.
– 4.7-inch HD display with an ambient light sensor and Dynamic Image Contrast that delivers better outdoor viewing.
– Global LTE and connectivity with nine bands of LTE, four bands of GSM, five bands of UMTS for better voice coverage and faster data speeds, 802.11ac support, Wi-Fi channel bonding, NFC, and Bluetooth.
– Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus for a virtual surround sound experience.
– Advanced imaging system with custom-tuned 13MP rear-facing camera with backside illumination, LED flash, 5-element f/2.0 lens, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), and high dynamic range (HDR) capabilities for beautiful, crisp photos, even in low-light conditions. Fire also includes a 2.1MP front-facing camera. Both front and rear-facing cameras record smooth 1080p HD videos.
– Reliable backup and restore leveraging the experience and operational excellence of Amazon Web Services and its cloud technology. Fire customers can automatically back up device settings, notes, bookmarks, messages, and installed applications—no need to manually configure or connect to a computer.