Alex Ross has turned his attention to the Universal Monsters. Just in time for Halloween, Ross has released a sneak preview of his Classic Universal Monsters Set, which will be officially unveiled, in full, at next year’s San Diego Comic-Con.
In addition to a monster mash collecting them all together, Ross has painted individual pieces of each of the iconic monsters in Universal’s oeuvre, both in black & white and color tinted editions.
The set will include:
– (Boris Karloff) Frankenstein – 1931
– (Bela Lugosi) Dracula – 1931
– (Elsa Lanchester) Bride of Frankenstein – 1935
– Creature from the Black Lagoon – 1954
– (Boris Karloff) The Mummy – 1932
– (Lon Chaney Jr) The Wolf Man – 1941
– (Claude Rains) The Invisible Man – 1933
– Monster Mash