This new book of stories from the author of Carrie, The Shining, and ‘Salem’s Lot is a chilling collection of strange imaginings, ghoulish twists, and diabolical terror. Stephen King, a modern master of the macabre, has brought together nineteen of his most unsettling short pieces—bizarre tales of dark doings and unthinkable acts from the twilight regions where horror and madness take on eerie, unearthly forms… where noises in the walls and shadows by the bed are always signs of something dreadful on the prowl.
The settings are familiar and unsuspected—a high school, a factory, a truck stop, a laundry, a field of Nebraska corn. But in Stephen King’s world and place can serve as devil’s ground… if the time of night is propitious and the forces of darkness are strong, and the victims are caught just slightly off guard.
In the ominous, frightening world of Stephen King there are things unimagined, almost unspeakable, working the Night Shift:
– Strange presences in Jerusalem’s Lot, a town abandoned for generations—and with good reason. No one who wanders there now, after the sun has set, ever comes back alive…
– And the hideous growths on the hands of a former astronaut—tiny round and yellow eyes popping through the skin, watching him, not liking what they see…
– And the mysterious little girl lost in a fierce Maine blizzard, calling out to her rescuers in a pitiful voice. But she walks on top of the deep, drifting snow—and she leaves no tracks…
– And the grim-faced children in a Midwest town where no one seems to live past the age of nineteen…
– And the vermin in the second sub-celler of the old mill—abandoned to darkness for a hundred years and now assuming shapes and sizes nature never intended them to take…
– And the giant folding and steam pressing machine in the Blue Ribbon Laundry—an impressive and reliable piece of equipment, until it got its first taste of human blood…
Special Features For This Deluxe Special Edition:
– A foreword by Stephen King
– An introduction by John D. MacDonald
– A brand new afterword by Stewart O’Nan
– Deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
– Printed on a heavy interior specialty paper stock
– Custom-made slipcase
– Wrap-around full color dust jacket artwork by Mark Stutzman
– Twenty black and white interior illustrations by Chris Odgers
– Signature sheet artwork by Glenn Chadbourne
– High-quality endpapers and fine bindings
– Limited to 3,000 copies
Pre-order the book HERE for $95.