Suntup Editions has revealed another beautiful bonus print in The Covers Collection from the late Don Brautigam. This month, they have one of the highest anticipated and most requested covers, the art from the first US edition paperback of Night Shift.
The 1979 Signet paperback release of Night Shift features the first of many covers Brautigam would be hired to create for Stephen King. It is also one of his most iconic. The imagery of the eyes peering forth from the bandaged hand was inspired by King’s short story “I Am the Doorway,” which is included in this, his first ever short story collection.
A unique characteristic of the Night Shift first edition paperback is its stepback, or keyhole cover. Subsequent printings would reuse Brautigam’s artwork, but the first edition is identified by the outermost front cover’s “keyholes,” which open up to a full page color stepback graphic underneath. Now, this magnificent piece of artwork can be enjoyed for the first time without cover text as a beautiful giclée print — and you don’t even need to line up the eyes!
Exclusively available through Suntup Editions for your private collection, and limited to just 50 copies per size, worldwide.
– Museum Quality Giclée prints.
– Authorized by Dan and Jim Brautigan.
– Limited to only 50 copies of each size worldwide, plus 3 Artist Proofs and – 3 Publisher Proofs for private distribution.
– Shipped with a Certificate of Limitation and Authenticity from the publisher.
– Printed on 300 GSM, 100% cotton paper that is Acid-Free, Lignin-Free, Chlorine-Free and with No Optical Brighteners.
– Prints are embossed with the publisher’s mark.
Release Date: December 15, 2018
Available for Pre-Order: December 1, 2018
Large Size: 18″ x 24″
Small Size: 12″ x 17″