Suntup Editions is very proud to introduce their latest addition to The Covers Collection. The first of two spectacular cover art prints signed by artist Michael Whelan, The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger.
This magnificent cover art graced the first US edition cover of The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Stephen King, published by Donald M. Grant in 1982. This is the second piece of artwork Whelan was commissioned to create for King. According to the author’s web site, King was so impressed with Whelan’s work the first time around that he suggested him for The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, the first book in The Dark Tower series.
Whelan’s cover art depicting Roland and Jake in their escape from the Slow Mutants only appeared on 20,000 copies of the trade hardback — its first and second printings. By the third printing, the cover art was changed. The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger is widely considered to be one of the most sought after books by Stephen King collectors.
This officially licensed print went through several rounds of color corrections with the artist to make sure that it is as close to the original as possible. Now, you can enjoy Michael Whelan’s dazzling artwork presented here without cover text.
These prints are hand-signed by Michael Whelan and limited to just 50 copies per size, worldwide.
– Museum Quality Giclée prints.
– Signed and authorized by the original cover artist.
– Limited to only 50 copies of each size worldwide, plus 3 Artist Proofs and 3 Publisher Proofs for private distribution.
– Shipped with a Certificate of Limitation and Authenticity from the publisher.
– Printed on 300 GSM, 100% cotton paper that is Acid-Free, Lignin-Free, Chlorine-Free and with No Optical Brighteners.
– Prints are embossed with the publisher’s mark.
Release Date: January 2, 2019
Available for Pre-Order: December 15, 2019
Large Size: 16.25″ x 24″ ($225)
Small Size: 11″ x 17″ ($150)