Revival, Stephen King‘s 2014 novel of faith and fury, is getting a new special edition as the first project from Brian James Freeman’s LetterPress Publications, complete with a new series of chilling illustrations and an introduction from the filmmaker who plans to bring it to the screen. The Fault in Our Stars director Josh Boone penned the new preface to hail King’s story of a preacher who experiments with elemental powers to bridge the gap between the living and the dead.
The collector’s version will sell for $125 and includes 16 new full-color illustrations by artist Francois Vaillancourt.
This is going to be a beautiful special edition in terms of production: leather binding, genuine crafted spine hubs, two-color interior printing, tons of full-color artwork, a sewn-in satin ribbon page marker, marbled endpapers, deckled page edges. The books will be housed in custom-made slipcases wrapped with imported woven cloth and stamped with two impressions of colored hot foil.
The book is available for pre-order now via the following indie retailers and publishers:
Bad Moon Books • Betts Bookstore • Camelot Books • Cemetery Dance Publications • Dark Regions • The Overlook Connection Bookstore • PS Publishing (UK & Europe) • Stephen King Catalog • Subterranean Press
Revival tells the story of Jamie Morton, a musician and recovering drug addict who crosses paths with the Rev. Charles Jacobs, who begins joining his religious fervor with a cult-like passion for science after his wife and child are killed. Healing powers give way to the possibility of resurrection, but in Stephen King’s world, the darkness always makes a comeback.
Special Bonus Materials:
– Sixteen full-color illustrations by François Vaillancourt, including three fold-out illustrations measuring 14 inches by 10 inches
– An introduction by Josh Boone, writer and director of the forthcoming feature film adaptation
– Exclusive artwork created by Vincent Chong for the film development process
– “A Nasty, Dark Piece of Work” by Bev Vincent: an overview of Stephen King’s writing of the novel
– “Stephen King: The Rolling Stone Interview” — an epic twenty page interview with Stephen King originally published on Halloween 2014 by Rolling Stone magazine in celebration of the novel’s publication
Special Production Features:
– Deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
– Printed on a heavy interior specialty acid-free paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
– Featuring two colors of hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
– Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
– Includes genuine crafted spine hubs in the spine
– Deluxe binding with colored head and tail bands
– High-quality endpapers
– Full-color signature sheets
– Custom-made slipcase wrapped with a woven cloth and stamped with hot foil on the spine
– Extremely collectible print run that will be a tiny fraction of the print run of the original trade hardcover edition from Scribner
Please note that the pre-order window is May 15th-31st. The print run will be set based on the amount of pre-orders.