Suntup Editions announces their second print by artist Paul Bryn Davies in The Covers Collection. Last year, they had the honor of including Paul’s art from the first edition U.K. paperback cover of IT. This month, Suntup brings you his cover art from the first edition U.K. paperback of Misery. This iconic cover art can now be enjoyed for the very first time without cover text.
Stephen King’s novel Misery made its debut in June 1987, but it would not be released in paperback until 1988. Constant readers in the U.K. were treated to a very different kind of artwork upon the paperback release. Previous covers had featured either a typewriter, or a shadow of Annie across the wall, making Davies the artist who holds the distinction for first rendering Annie Wilkes.
One of the major differences between the 1990 film adaptation of Misery and the novel is the movie’s slow burn to discovering Annie’s insanity. In earlier parts of the movie, she is portrayed as wholesome, hospitable, and even demure, but from the very first pages of Stephen King’s novel, Paul Sheldon describes Annie Wilkes as “dangerously crazy… giving only one thing: a feeling of unease deepening steadily toward terror.” Davies depiction portrays the wide-eyed mania evident in Wilkes right from the start.
– Museum Quality Giclée prints.
– Signed and authorized by the original cover artist.
– Limited to only 50 copies of each size worldwide, plus 3 Artist Proofs and 3 Publisher Proofs for private distribution.
– Shipped with a Certificate of Limitation and Authenticity from the publisher.
– Printed on 300 GSM, 100% cotton paper that is Acid-Free, Lignin-Free, Chlorine-Free and with No Optical Brighteners.
– Prints are embossed with the publisher’s mark.
Release Date: November 1, 2019
Available for Pre-Order: October 15, 2019
Large Size: 18″ x 24″ $175
Small Size: 11″ x 17″ $120