Today, the LEGO Group revealed a new product for the ultimate Star Wars fan collection: the LEGO Star Wars R2-D2 construction set, launched to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Lucasfilm.
The galaxy’s most lovable droid can now be recreated in stunning detail with this 2,314 piece set, the most feature-packed LEGO brick version of R2-D2 from the LEGO Group to date. Adult LEGO builders and Star Wars fans alike can recreate their favorite moments from the films as they craft R2-D2’s unique retractable mid-leg, rotating head and a periscope.
The model also has hidden tools tucked away, such as a lightsaber hilt hidden in a secret compartment in the head.
This set is perfect for any hero looking for a fun and immersive building experience. When finished, the R2-D2 replica makes an impressive focal point when displayed with the set’s exclusive minifigure version of the iconic droid and a special Lucasfilm 50th anniversary LEGO brick.
In 2021, Lucasfilm is celebrating half a century of storytelling with a range of commemorative, fan-favorite 50th anniversary Star Wars products, including this new LEGO Star Wars R2-D2 model. Commenting on the new set, Jens Kronvold Frederiksen, Creative Lead of LEGO Star Wars at the LEGO Group said: “We have had the pleasure of creating hundreds of Star Wars-inspired models over the past two decades since we first launched LEGO Star Wars sets. As Lucasfilm celebrates their 50th anniversary, it seemed fitting to challenge ourselves and push the limits of what is possible with LEGO bricks by recreating a fan-favourite Star Wars character in great detail like we have never achieved before. We are delighted with the result and hope our fans get as much joy out of building the sets as we did designing it.”
The set will be available exclusively from LEGO.com and LEGO Stores for $199.99 on May 1, 2021.
– Build and display this fantastically detailed, new-for-May-2021, LEGO brick model of an iconic character from the Star Wars saga: R2-D2.
– Authentic features include a retractable mid-leg, rotating head, opening and extendable front hatches and adjustable periscope, plus a lightsaber hidden in a compartment in the head.
– Includes a buildable display stand with an information plaque, LEGO Star Wars R2-D2 LEGO droid figure and a special Lucasfilm 50th anniversary LEGO brick.
– This premium-quality set is part of a series of collectible LEGO Star Wars build-to-display models.
– Offering a challenging and rewarding build, this 2,315-piece set makes an awesome birthday present, holiday gift or surprise treat for any Star Wars connoisseur and LEGO Star Wars lover.
– Measuring over 12.5 in. (31 cm) high, 7.5 in. (20 cm) wide and 6 in. (15 cm) deep, this collectible, brick-built R2-D2 model makes an impressive centerpiece in a home or workplace.