Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is set to open in spring 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, and today with the debut of its first commercial, we get a glimpse of what this first-of-its-kind vacation experience will be like.
After you’ve watched this one or maybe 10 times, here are a few fun moments:
– We already know our adventure will begin at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World, where we’ll enter a launch pod and head out into space. In this new clip, we watch out a viewport as the pod jumps to hyperspace, followed by the sudden appearance of the Halcyon starcruiser, our home base for this immersive two-night adventure in a galaxy far, far away.
– As we learned last week from Disney Imagineers, the dining experience will certainly be a highlight of a stay aboard the starcruiser. And you never know whom you may bump into while sipping a beverage.
– You see in the commercial how the Resistance is always looking for new recruits – but will we choose to join them?
– As our hero’s family rushes into the scene, you get a view out to space over his shoulder, and then a quick look inside the cabin. The sleeping berths we can see are reminiscent of a similar bunk inside the main hold of the Millennium Falcon, no? And those are definitely some nice robes the family is wearing – they look like Jedi ready for action!
– When the camera pulls back, we zoom out the cabin’s viewport and into space – where suddenly TIE fighters dart in and hurl some blaster bolts toward the starcruiser. The Imagineers let us know we’ll be trained in bridge operations as part of our stay on the ship, and its laser cannons may come in handy at some point …
For two guests per cabin, the voyage starts at $1,209 per guest per night for a total of $4,809. For three guests (2 adults, 1 child), it starts at $889 per guest per night, for a total of $5,299. And for four guests (3 adults, 1 child), it starts at $749 per guest per night, for a total of $5,999.
Of course, this varies depending on the number of adults and children, and the exact cabin. There are three types of rooms guests can choose from.
A Standard Cabin sleeps four to five passengers, with a queen bed, 2 berths (bunk beds), and a wall pull-down bed. It has one window with a view into space.
The One-Bedroom Galaxy Class Suite sleeps four passengers, with a queen bed and 2 wall pull-down beds. It includes a living room space and a double vanity bathroom, bar area, and two windows with views of space.
Finally, the Two-Bedroom Grand Captain Suite sleeps up to eight passengers, with 2 queen beds, 2 berths (bunk beds), and 2 wall pull-down beds. It also includes a living space, plus two bathrooms, a bar area, and three windows.
That’s a lot to digest! If you’re interested in learning more, head over to www.starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com, which was updated this morning with loads of new details.