Explorers, get set for adventure! The LEGO Group has revealed the LEGO Ideas The Globe, sure to spark fans’ imaginations of traveling around the world, exploring new places and building new memories.
The 2585-piece set beautifully shows a realistic, customizable vintage brick-built earth globe, with printed names of the continents and oceans that glow in the dark so you can display and see the world at every moment. In addition, once built the set spins, a first for a LEGO globe at this scale.
The set was designed as part of the LEGO Ideas platform, a LEGO initiative that takes new ideas that have been imagined and voted for by fans and turns them into reality. France-based LEGO fan, Guillaume Roussel, was responsible for creating the concept for the LEGO Ideas The Globe – having been inspired by the tales of Jules Verne. Talking about how he approached the design, Guillaume said: “When approaching the design, I asked myself ‘what could be creative, educational and touch most of the world?’ And the answer was just ‘the world itself’”.
– Spinning Earth globe model for display – Explore the world as you build this The Globe set, a detailed LEGO Ideas replica of a vintage Earth globe
– Authentic spinning movement – Two LEGO worlds collide to build this globe, with -LEGO Technic elements to recreate the classic, spinning axis and LEGO System bricks to replicate the spherical shape
– Glow-in-the-dark decoration – Light up the room with decorated tiles displaying the names of continents and oceans
– Buildable ship and compass icons – Build vintage-style ship and compass icons to attach to the globe, and affix ‘The Earth’ nameplate to the base for a finishing touch
– Gift idea for adults – Treat yourself or give this 2,585-piece LEGO Earth globe model as a birthday, holiday or surprise gift for someone passionate about travel, geography, arts or decoration
– Buildable home or office decor – This display piece measures over 16 in. (40 cm) high, 11.5 in. (30 cm) wide and 10 in. (26 cm) deep
– Step-by-step guide – Includes an illustrated booklet featuring the set’s fan designer and LEGO designers, plus illustrated instructions to guide your hands-on, mind-on building experience
LEGO Ideas Earth Globe will be available from LEGO.com and LEGO stores from February 1, 2022 priced at $199.99.