Criterion and Pixar are collaborating for the first time with the iconic animated film Wall-E now set to join the prestigious Criterion Collection.
The collaboration will see Wall-E get its own 4K UHD and Blu-ray special edition release on November 22, 2022, complete with a 4K digital master approved by director Andrew Stanton.
Additional features include:
– 4K digital master, approved by director Andrew Stanton, with Dolby Atmos soundtrack
– One 4K UHD disc of the film, presented in both Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10+, and two
Blu-rays with the film and special features
– Alternate 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio and stereo soundtracks
– Two audio commentaries: one featuring Stanton and the other, character supervisor Bill Wise, coproducer Lindsey Collins, story artist Derek Thompson, and lead animator Angus MacLane
– New programs on Stanton’s cinematic influences and production designer Ralph Eggleston’s color scripts
– Tour of the Pixar Living Archive with Stanton
– Behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, including segments from early animation reels
– The Pixar Story (2007), a documentary by Leslie Iwerks
– More than a dozen documentaries exploring the film’s production and robots
– Anatomy of a Scene: The Plant, a masterclass with Stanton
– “WALL•E”: A to Z, a new program featuring Stanton and coscreenwriter Jim Reardon
– Deleted scenes featuring commentary by Stanton
– A Story (1987), a student film by Stanton
– BURN•E (2008), a short film by MacLane
– English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
– English descriptive audio
– Plus: An essay by author Sam Wasson; selections from Stanton’s sketchbooks, script notes, and drawings; and artwork from the WALL•E team
The Criterion Collection version of the film is available for pre-order HERE for $40.