DC announces a new line in their graphic novel slate: DC Compact Comics. Featuring a 5.5″ x 8.5″ standard book trim for trade paperback novels, the new format pulls bestselling, new-reader-friendly titles from DC’s evergreen library as the first books offered in this new lineup of compact editions of adult graphic novels.
Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons and All-Star Superman by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely, among others, will go on sale beginning in June 2024, retailing at $9.99 US, to launch DC’s new program.
The new line will showcase DC stories across many genres, including science fiction, thrillers, horror, fantasy, adventure, and mystery. Featured among the DC Compact Comics launch titles in 2024 are DC’s recent Hugo Award-winning sci-fi graphic novel Far Sector by N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell, along with perennial classic graphic novels like Catwoman: Trail of the Catwoman, Batman: Hush, Batman: The Court of Owls, and more.
The initial DC Compact Comics launch in 2024 will offer the following titles at $9.99 US:
– Watchmen by Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons
– Batman: The Court of Owls by Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo
– All-Star Superman by Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely
– Far Sector by N.K. Jemisin, Jamal Campbell
– Wonder Woman: Earth One by Grant Morrison, Yanick Paquette
– American Vampire Book One by Scott Snyder, Stephen King, Rafael Albuquerque
– Batman: Hush by Jeph Loeb, Jim Lee
– Joker by Brian Azzarello, Lee Bermejo
– Harley Quinn & the Gotham City Sirens by Paul Dini, Peter Calloway, Tony Bedard, Guillem March, Andres Guinaldo
– Catwoman: Trail of the Catwoman by Darwyn Cooke, Ed Brubaker