Brother is the terrifying tale of a family’s disturbing traditions, and of one brother’s determination to break free from all he has ever known. In a crooked farmhouse off the beaten path and miles away from civilization live the Morrows. A band of eccentric recluses, the family keeps to themselves so as not to be questioned by local police when girls go missing from the side of the highway. But nineteen-year-old Michael Morrow is different. He derives no pleasure in the screams that echo through the trees.
Michael pines for a life of normalcy and to see a world beyond that of West Virginia. In the nearby town of Dahlia, Michael meets Alice, a pretty girl working at a record shop. He is immediately smitten, but his family is all too eager to remind him of the monster he is.
Hailed by critics as “impossible to put down,” Ahlborn delivers all the guilt, guts, and gore of family drama as Michael fights to attain the life he longs for.
The Limited edition of 500 copies is bound in Indiana Walnut handmade paper by paper and print artist Andrea Peterson. This unique archival paper is made from a 100% cotton rag sheet that has been coated with a black walnut dye from the artist’s trees on her homestead. The sheets are crumpled to soften, brush dyed and finally coated with a thin layer of shellac to seal the walnut. Endsheets are Hahnemühle Bugra and the cover features two hits of foil stamping. The book is housed in a cloth slipcase.
– 6¼” x 9¼” trim size.
– Limited to 500 copies.
– Bound in Indiana Walnut handmade paper by artist Andrea Peterson, made from a 100% cotton rag sheet that has been coated with a black walnut dye from the artist’s trees on her homestead.
– Six full-color illustrations by Samuel Araya.
– New introduction by Ania Ahlborn written exclusively for this edition.
– Signed by Ania Ahlborn and Samuel Araya.
– Hahnemühle Bugra endpapers.
– Two hits foil stamping on cover.
– Housed in cloth slipcase.
– Custom printed bookmark with all orders.
Pre-order the book HERE for $275.