Albert Burneko and illustrator Jim Cooke have put together the Great American Menu, a list of signature regional foods from each state in the United States. According to the ranked list, Illinois’ Chicago-style deep-dish pizza is the best regional food in the country.
Check out the Great American Menu HERE.
Here are the top 10:
1. Chicago-style deep-dish pizza (Illinois)
2. Shrimp and grits (South Carolina)
3. Mission-style burrito (California)
4. Crab cake (Maryland)
5. Peach pie/cobbler (Georgia)
6. Gumbo (Louisiana)
7. Key lime pie (Florida)
8. Fried green tomatoes (Alabama)
9. Stacked enchilada with green chile (New Mexico)
10. Marionberry pie (Oregon)