Lividian Publications is pleased to announce a deluxe signed and slipcased Limited Edition hardcover of The Night Country by Stewart O’Nan, which is being offered as a “Preorder Only Limited Edition,” meaning the orders received between October 9 and October 31 will set the print run!
This deluxe special edition is being lavishly crafted with collectors and readers alike in mind. Exclusive to the slipcased Limited Edition is a “lost” introduction by the author and a new afterword by Paul Tremblay, plus eleven original black and white illustrations and a beautiful full-color wrap-around dust jacket painting by François Vaillancourt.
The retail price for this signed and slipcased Limited Edition is $85, and the print run will be determined by the preorders received by Lividian Publications and authorized retailers between October 9, 2020 and October 31, 2020. The orders will ship in June 2021.
About the Book:
Stewart O’Nan’s classic tale of small town life and Halloween hauntings is back in print as a beautiful signed and slipcased Limited Edition hardcover from Lividian Publications.
At Midnight on Halloween in a cloistered New England suburb, a car carrying five teenagers leaves a winding road and slams into a tree, killing three of the passengers. One escapes unharmed, another suffers severe brain damage. A year later, summoned by the memories of those closest to them, the three who died come back on a last chilling mission among the living.
A strange and unsettling ghost story, The Night Country creeps through the leaf-strewn streets and quiet cul-de-sacs of one bedroom community, reaching into the desperately connected yet isolated lives of three people changed forever by the accident: Tim, who survived yet lost everything; Brooks, the cop whose guilty secret has destroyed his life; and Kyle’s mom, trying to love the new son the doctors returned to her. As the day wanes and darkness falls, one of them puts a terrible plan into effect, and they find themselves caught in a collision of need and desire, watched over by the knowing ghosts.
Macabre and moving, The Night Country elevates every small town’s bad high school crash into myth, finding the deeper human truth beneath a shared and very American tragedy. As in his highly-prized Snow Angels and A Prayer for the Dying, once again Stewart O’Nan gives us an intimate look at people trying to hold on to hope, and the consequences when they fail.
– Eleven black and white interior illustrations by François Vaillancourt
– A beautiful full-color wrap-around dust jacket painting by François Vaillancourt
– “The World That Matters,” an introduction by Stewart O’Nan that has never appeared in any other edition
– An original afterword by Paul Tremblay written exclusively for our edition
– Offset printed on an acid-free archival quality paper stock
– A fine leatherette binding
– Hot foil stamping on the front cover and spine
– Smyth-sewn to create a more durable binding
– Twine head and tail bands
– High-quality endpapers
– Sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
– Signed by Stewart O’Nan, François Vaillancourt, and Paul Tremblay
– Custom-made slipcase stamped with hot foil and featuring a unique die-cut window
– Limited to the number of copies preordered in October 2020, never to be reprinted!
Pre-order the book HERE.