One of the many things to love about Stranger Things is the Netflix series’ cool opening title sequence, which has been described as “pure, unadulterated typographic eye candy.” Now, you can make your own Stranger Things-style title card thanks to a generator created by design company Nelson Cash.
To make your own, visit makeitstranger.com, type in a short phrase, click “Strangify,” and voila, you have a custom Stephen King-inspired, retro red logo!
Enter Allerdale Hall, a gothic mansion that breathes, that bleeds, and remembers.
Are you brave enough to uncover the tragic secrets of Crimson Peak Awaits? If so, click HERE.
When her heart is stolen by a seductive stranger, a young woman is swept away to a house atop a mountain of blood-red clay: a place ﬁlled with secrets that will haunt her forever. Between desire and darkness, between mystery and madness, lies the truth behind Crimson Peak. From the imagination of director Guillermo del Toro comes a supernatural mystery starring Tom Hiddleston, Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Charlie Hunnam, in Theaters October 16, 2015.
J.K. Rowling has given fans a glimpse of the grown-up boy wizard in a new story posted Tuesday on her Pottermore website.
It’s the first update since ‘‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’’ was published in 2007, but Rowling spokesman Mark Hutchinson said there are ‘‘no plans’’ for a new Potter novel.
The 1,500-word story describes Harry, about to turn 34, attending the final of the Quidditch World Cup with his family and old friends Ron and Hermione.
Harry now has ‘‘threads of silver’’ in his hair and a mysterious cut on his cheekbone, related to his ‘‘top secret’’ work as an evil-battling Auror.
The story is written in the style of a gossip column for the Daily Prophet by reporter Rita Skeeter, a minor character in the novels.
The style allows Rowling to poke fun at the tabloid press, a real-life bugbear that she has accused of invading her privacy and that of her family.
Skeeter observes that Harry and friends are ‘‘no longer the fresh-faced teenagers they were in their heyday’’ and speculates about the state of Harry’s marriage to Ginny Weasley.
She says Ron Weasley’s red hair ‘‘appears to be thinning slightly,’’ and notes witheringly that Harry still wears ‘‘the distinctive round glasses that some might say are better suited to a style-deficient 12-year-old.’’
The story discloses that Ron now runs the family joke shop, while Hermione is a — literally — high-flying civil servant, Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
There are also updates on other characters, including Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood, as well as glimpses of a new generation of teenage wizards.
Rowling has long said that ‘‘Deathly Hallows,’’ would be the last Potter novel, but has produced other Potter-related material, including spin-off story collection, ‘‘The Tales of Beedle the Bard.’’
This helpful website contains 800 numbers for hundreds of companies that you do business with each day.
If you are trying to look up a customer service representative, or just need to talk to someone, chances are that you need the correct 800 number. Besides the publicly available 800 numbers for each business, the site includes a transcription of the phone menu.
This is a perfect site to bookmark and keep handy especially around the Holidays for installation questions related to gadgets, Airline booking information, shipping statuses, etc.
Try out 800numbers.net and save yourself time and alleviate frustration. The site even has a convenient A-Z index of major companies with their accompanying 800 numbers.
Target recently announced that Target Ticket, its new digital video service, is available to guests nationwide. The convenient service, ideal for families with children, gives guests an easy way to access and enjoy their favorite titles on their preferred digital channels and devices anytime, anywhere.
Target partnered with Common Sense Media, a San Francisco-based non-profit organization best known for its reviews of movies and television shows. Through the partnership, Target Ticket gives guests access to thousands of reviews, making it easier for parents to choose the right content for their children. In addition to an overall quality rating, guests can set filters according to age-appropriateness, level of violence, profanity, MPAA and TV Parental Guidelines, putting guests’ in control of the content they deem appropriate for viewing. Parents can customize a profile for each family member, allowing multiple viewers to watch their preferred content simultaneously on different devices.
Additional Target Ticket features include:
– 30,000 movie and television titles available to buy or rent, download or stream at home or on-the-go, starting as low as $.99.
– No subscription or sign-up fees, plus REDcard holders receive 5 percent off each purchase.
– Premium selection of new blockbuster films. Current releases offered include “World War Z,” “Iron Man 3,” “Star Trek Into Darkness,” “The Croods” and more.
– Highly sought after series such as HBO’s “Game of Thrones” and “True Blood” and Showtime’s “Homeland”
– More than 50 popular next-day television shows including “The Walking Dead,” “Big Bang Theory,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” and more.
– Viewers can watch rented content as many times as they want within a 48-hour rental period.
– Target exclusive bonus footage available in select movies.
– Target Ticket will offer 10 free downloads on select movies for each new guest.
Target Ticket is currently available on PC and MAC, Android and iOS, Roku, Xbox, Samsung televisions and Blu-Ray players, with availability on additional devices in the coming months.
Guests can visit TargetTicket.com to access the service or download the Target Ticket app through the App Store or Google Play.
Goldbely.com is on a mission to discover all things delicious. On their journey, they’re seeking out the legendary local restaurants, amazing artisans and great gourmet food purveyors that produce amazing regional products.
The online marketplace connects curious eaters with America’s best gourmet food purveyors.
Tour the nation’s best-loved restaurants and food specialty shops in a single spot — anything on the site can be shipped to your door. The site allows you to shop by region (Northeastern crab cakes and lobster rolls, NY deli, Chicago deep-dish pizza joints and Southern BBQ).
So many websites have so many passwords, it’s hard to keep track of them all. You write them on scraps of paper or sticky notes. Perhaps you have committed them to memory only to forget them days later.
Dashlane is the best, free password manager and secure digital wallet for your iOS and Android phone and tablet, and other desktop and mobile devices.
Keep track of your passwords easily and securely, and access them wherever you go. Auto-login into any website, and generate strong, unique passwords when you need them. Save your IDs, credit cards, and other sensitive personal data, and autofill them for express checkout on every website.
Keeping track of passwords and making them secure is incredibly simple with Dashlane.
– Lock all your encrypted data away behind your Master Password, which only you know!
– Rest assured that your passwords are encrypted locally on your device using AES-256 encryption — the industry’s leading standard
– Your Master Password is never stored or transmitted anywhere, so there are no backdoors or security loopholes
– Get alerts when one of your passwords is at risk, and be the first to know about security breaches
– Generate strong passwords, auto-save them to your vault and autofill them online, all in a tap
– Securely send passwords or notes via encrypted, self-destructing messages
– Auto-login to your accounts online using our in-app browser, or press to copy/paste passwords from your vault to your apps
– Use secure notes to save any other personal information, such as wifi passwords
Stop fumbling around with tiny keyboards and use the world’s best autofill to complete your online forms.
– Fill every field on every form with one tap, whether you’re on your phone or tablet. No form is too complex for Dashlane
– Get smart and agile autofill, so you can mix and match your information as you wish
– Enjoy express checkouts so you never have to store your payment info on sites that you don’t trust
Secure Digital Wallet
Get more than just a password manager and vault. Store sensitive, personal information and take it on the go. Access your digital wallet anywhere, whenever you need it – credit cards, bank accounts, IDs, passports, and more! Rest assured that your data is locked away in your digital wallet, no matter what happens to your device. Dashlane will automatically lock and securely encrypt your vault within any timeframe specified by you.
Take Dashlane Anywhere
Dashlane works on all your favorite devices and browsers. It’s free to download and use on every device, and with Dashlane Premium you can get unlimited backup and sync between all your devices for just $19.99 per year.
Apple has sent out invitations to some users for early access to its iWork for iCloud beta. Before now, only developers had access to the beta.
iWork for iCloud offers users the chance to access Pages, Numbers, and Keynote from the cloud, including creation, viewing, and editing capabilities for productivity documents. Anyone with an iCloud account can use it, and those invited to the beta can sign up at iCloud.com.