In honor of the 30th Anniversary of The Shawshank Redemption film release, The Dufresne Collaborative LLC, in alliance with Paul Michael Kane of 19th Edition, an extremely limited re-production of Andy Dufresne’s Bible has been lovingly crafted.
These limited editions (5 lettered, 25 numbered) are signed by Stephen King, author of Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, from his book Different Seasons.
Proceeds for this production will be donated to The Innocence Project. The Innocence Project works to free the innocent, prevent wrongful convictions, and create fair, compassionate, and equitable systems of justice for everyone.
The Dufresne Collaborative has assembled a group of artists, artisans, and craftsmen from Maine to develop absolutely stunning details and embellishments to this project.
Numbered Editions will feature:
– Ironed calfskin leather cover
– Hand hollowed rock hammer cut-out
– Custom hand-combed end papers
– Hand-written note from Andy to Warden Norton
– Custom individual remarque from famed illustrator Mark Edward Geyer
– Hand-forged custom rock hammer, featuring Maine oak wood handles, cold-stamped with corresponding edition number
– Custom traycase designed and crafted by Paul Michael Kane
– Signed by Stephen King
– Rights to corresponding numbered edition of future Dufresne Collaborative projects
In addition to the above, Lettered Editions will feature:
– Deluxe full-page remarque by Mark Edward Geyer
– Custom stone marbled end papers
– Custom clamshell case featuring original interior artwork by Francois Villaincourt
– Refurbished antique Benson’s “Queen Mary” candy tin, with screen-accurate movie props inside, including 1950’s era antique harmonica
– Rights to corresponding lettered edition of future Dufresne Collaborative projects
Because these books will be extremely limited, and demand is expected to far surpass supply, sales of these collector’s items will be by lottery. Interested collectors should send an email to:
indicating which edition they are interested in.
The lottery will be held on Friday, September 15th and winners will be notified of the right to purchase by Sunday, September 17th. Upon notification, purchasers will be required to submit a 50% deposit, with the remaining balance due by November 15th. All books are expected to ship by January 2024.
Prices for each edition are set at $3895 for Numbered, and $4395 for Lettered. Shipping and insurance are $50, worldwide.